XML Sitemap is really important issue for website ranking and make the site google friendly. In WordPress site there are many ways to create XML sitemap easily. One of the easiest and common way is use Yoast SEO plugin. If you have idea about Yoast then you must know how Yoast can maintain SEO of your WordPress site. Although you can create XML sitemap by configuring Yoast within few clicks.
What is WordPress Sitemap
A sitemap is a list of accessible pages that navigate both visitor and search engines. In WordPress we create pages, posts, category etc. Sitemap create a complete diagram of the website structure. Here is some important facts why WordPress sitemaps are important.
- Sitemap helps search engine to understand if there is any changes on your website.
- Sitemap helps search engine bots crawling and indexing.
- If the site is not structured already but sitemap helps to make a structured view for small or large website.
How to Generate sitemap for WordPress website by Yoast
- For generate sitemap using Yoast SEO plugin first of all you have to install and activate. You download the plugin from here.
- After activating the plugin go to SEO -> General in your WordPress dashboard and enter the Features tab
- Click the On XML sitemaps. Then, click See the XML Sitemap link to generate XML sitemaps of your site.
- Finally you will redirect to a page the contain a list of pages, posts, categories xml link.
So this one of the easiest way to Create a WordPress Sitemap using Yoast. Hope it can help you.